For my bags I use sustainable materials which are friendly to the environment and all living creatures. They're a great choise for a more sustainable life. At the moment I use three different materials and I'm always looking for new eco-friendly alternatives.
What is Desserto®?
Desserto is an organic material made of Nopal cactus and a vegan alternative to leather. It is soft to the touch and offers a great performance. It is cruelty-free and a sustainable alternative without any toxic chemicals, phthalates and PVC. It is also partially biodegradable. Some sustainable facts about Desserto:
- enriches the soil micro-flora and micro-fauna through native and typical organic cactus afforestation,
- huge savings in water as no irrigation is applied,
- environmental preservation as no chemicals are used like herbicides or pesticides,
- cactus is left unharmed to enable repeated harvesting from the same plant for many years,
- energy savings by drying the feed-stock in a solarium and
- full vision and traceability of the farm to ensure sustainable social practices.
Cactus is also s great natural carbon sink and it has a great CO2 sequestering capacity. It is approved by PETA, has OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, Global Recycled Standard and other certificates.
Bags made from Desserto are durable and resistant to outdoor exposure. They are lightweight, easy to handle and great for everyday use. To keep the bag with you as long as possible, you can also clean it if necessary.
How to clean your Fi by Gaja bag?
To keep your Fi by Gaja bag with you as long as possible, you can also gently clean it if necessary.